Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-bs049dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. 

I've got an HP Laptop (HP Notebook - 17-bs049dx) which strated having battery issues. First of all it started lasting less and less time until a sign started appearing during the startup saying "battery storage capacity is stated to be very low" talking about the internal battery. What called my attention about this is that the battery lasted almost no time but at the same time it charged really quickly as well. However, during these last few days it doesn't even charge anymore, so I'd really appreciate if any f you knows what to do or how to proceed. 

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There isn't any problems with using the laptop plugged into wall outlet.

No idea about the cost of a new battery.

Check to see if HP sells it. Otherwise, check eBay.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Battery needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended

I am using it plugged in at the moment because as soon as I unplug, it turns off because the battery does not charge anymore... it's in 0% all time.

If I keep using the computer like this, might this bring any other problem other than the discomfort?

Also, have you got any idea on approximately how much does one of these batteries cost?

Thanks a lot for your help!

HP Recommended

There isn't any problems with using the laptop plugged into wall outlet.

No idea about the cost of a new battery.

Check to see if HP sells it. Otherwise, check eBay.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.