Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8770w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

due to the recent releases of BIOS-Updates to fix Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities i checked by and discovered an update ( F.67 Rev.A 11.1 MB Feb 28, 2018) - but it's listed in the Windows 7 64 bit section.

My workstation was updated to Windows 10 64 bit in the ending of 2017, is it possible and save to run the installer on Win10 64bit ? May the BIOS can be bricked?

Or do i need to install Windows 7 to update Bios and get back to Windows 10 after the update?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This is just pure speculation but  I think the vendors may  have just been too busy with this one.

Intel happened to initially release a faulty microcode update for some CPUs which had to be taken back (via a BIOS update again) but has since released a new version. It is unclear to me which version the update you mention contains.

It would also seem really weird for HP to have different BIOS versions for different OS versions. I would just sit on this for a while and let the smoke clear if your laptop is working ok. I definitely would not start any downgrade effort of the OS.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply jorkki, I heard about the faulty microcode too, as for now i will not update my workstation, but it would be very kind of HP to verify that the installer is also suitable on Win10.

It looks like the product isnt offically supported by HP on Win10, although there are drivers for Win 10 in the DL-Section of the 8770w model.

Iam curious how HP will address this issue in the near future.

HP Recommended

I have installed F.67 Rev.A - sp85528.exe in Windows 10 Pro x64 with Avira antivirus disabled.

It worked on HP 8460p.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and your positive feedback on running the installer on Windows 10, looks like HP released F.70 Rev.A in Aug, 15 2018.

I didn't update by now, unfortunatly the F.70 Rev.A is still only listed in the Windows 7 Section....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.