Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 6730b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, been trying to get into the BIOS on this older laptop to flash newest Bios, but esc/F10  seems to take me to a HP bios screen in blue where i can only reset bios , nowhere to update it. I cant find a old fashioned bios screen where you can adjust CPU voltages.fans ect

I need to flash the bios as i get a mesg at start saying corrupted or other but i can push enter and it goes to windows. Tried doing from windows too but the install helper just didnt really do anything or take me to the bios update screen. I updated HP laptops before and never not been able to easily get to bios. 

thanks for any assistance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57343.exe
download file, run as administrator. 

HP Recommended

Hi, yeah i already have that Rom file 57343 and tried double click and run as admin ect and it starts then just goes to "finish" and says you are updated but the bios still shows old bios. In the Bios there is no "update bios" option , just reset to factory bios. I have 2 of these laptops and both the same problem. I also have some other diff ones from that era, a 4530s and it has the option in the bios and a Dm1 pavilion and i updated that easily from windows, so maybe the chip is protected or damaged. Computer works perfectly and loads into windows i want to update as got 501 error earlier and cleared that by reset bios . 501 error is possible corruption but it loads in a spare bios image and computer keeps running apparently. So want to flash/refresh with latest bios as that has all possible updates for the laptop so can only work better. 

Your question on trackpad ect, yes i just loaded win 7 drivers for those things from HP as they dont have any win 10 for this old laptop and everything has worked perfectly including built in Wifi and all stable. 

I might have to contact HP to see why i seem to have no bios update available item

thanks anyway

Tim..

HP Recommended

Yes, I remember having the same problem. It ran but did nothing.

I actually ended up using sp55644.exe. Its a little older but still v2.0. Try the link below. I think it will work.

Official HP® Drivers and Software Download | HP® Customer Support

On the subject of my touch pad driver. I have the latest W7 64bit driver but it still doesn't work. Can you remember if you  installed in compatibility mode or just normal?

HP Recommended

Hi, i just used normal settings when downloaded and all seems to work perfectly for Win 10 64 Bit which isnt supported for this laptop at HP but used the Win 7 64 bit drivers and maybe the 10"s drivers are overriding in device manager but as it works i not touching that! .

Just the bios update ability seems to be missing as even the bios install app gives me only a disk or usb bootable option, so windows bios install seems to be turned off or not possible. i might call up HP about this laptop and the techs can explain whats going on as i never had a laptop where you couldnt access a way to update a bios or reflash it somehow.

all good no problems, i have lots of others computers to update goodluck on yours.

Tim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.