Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi  everyone 

i have Hp 15-bs151ni laptop I just upgraded my bios F.50 to F.74 after completing the update I rebooted the system It just froze and never responded I restarted it thinking maybe it will refresh and be ok but it froze again this happens just after 1-2 minutes I rebooted it to safe mode it seems to be working fine in safe mode I tried removing any updates that I made from safe mode but when I go back to normal mode nothing happens it still freezing so I tried rolling back the bios it gives me this error below I have tried a lot of tricks but nothing works please help

IMG_20240323_152629.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Daneltech,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering a serious issue with your HP laptop after a BIOS update. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the problem.

• Check HP Support: Visit the HP support website for your specific laptop model and see if there are any known issues or solutions related to BIOS updates. Sometimes, HP releases patches or workarounds for such issues.
  • Reset BIOS Settings: In Safe Mode, try resetting your BIOS settings to default. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues caused by BIOS updates. You can usually find this option in the BIOS menu itself.
  • Revert to Previous BIOS Version: If the update caused the issue, try to revert to the previous BIOS version. Since you're having trouble rolling back the BIOS, you might need to follow HP's specific instructions for reverting BIOS updates. Sometimes this involves creating a bootable USB drive with the previous BIOS version.
  • Perform System Restore: If your laptop was working fine before the BIOS update, you can try performing a system restore to a point before the update was installed. This can often resolve issues caused by software updates.
  • Update Drivers: In Safe Mode, try updating all your drivers to the latest versions. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause conflicts with newer BIOS versions.
  • Check for Hardware Issues: If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware issue causing the problem.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Daneltech,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering a serious issue with your HP laptop after a BIOS update. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the problem.

• Check HP Support: Visit the HP support website for your specific laptop model and see if there are any known issues or solutions related to BIOS updates. Sometimes, HP releases patches or workarounds for such issues.
  • Reset BIOS Settings: In Safe Mode, try resetting your BIOS settings to default. This can sometimes resolve compatibility issues caused by BIOS updates. You can usually find this option in the BIOS menu itself.
  • Revert to Previous BIOS Version: If the update caused the issue, try to revert to the previous BIOS version. Since you're having trouble rolling back the BIOS, you might need to follow HP's specific instructions for reverting BIOS updates. Sometimes this involves creating a bootable USB drive with the previous BIOS version.
  • Perform System Restore: If your laptop was working fine before the BIOS update, you can try performing a system restore to a point before the update was installed. This can often resolve issues caused by software updates.
  • Update Drivers: In Safe Mode, try updating all your drivers to the latest versions. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause conflicts with newer BIOS versions.
  • Check for Hardware Issues: If none of the above steps work, there may be a hardware issue causing the problem.

I hope this helps.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply I just need to understand what do mean by Reset BIOS Settings and Revert to Previous BIOS Version, do you mean I must reset in system setup (CMOS)

HP Recommended

Hi @Daneltech,

Thank you for your response, 

Resetting BIOS settings and reverting to a previous BIOS version are two different actions, each serving distinct purposes.

• Reset BIOS Settings: This refers to restoring the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) settings to their default values. BIOS settings control various hardware configurations and system preferences on your computer. Resetting BIOS settings can be useful if you've made changes that have caused instability or if you want to troubleshoot hardware issues by returning settings to a known good state. The method for resetting BIOS settings can vary depending on the model, but it typically involves accessing the BIOS setup utility during the boot process and selecting an option to reset settings to defaults.
  • Revert to Previous BIOS Version: This involves restoring an earlier version of the BIOS firmware on your computer. BIOS updates are released by hardware manufacturers to fix bugs, add features, or improve compatibility with new hardware or software. Sometimes, after updating the BIOS, you may encounter issues such as instability or compatibility problems with certain components. Reverting to a previous BIOS version allows you to return to a known stable configuration. However, this process isn't always straightforward and may not be supported by all systems or BIOS versions. It typically involves downloading the previous BIOS version from the HP website and using a specific utility or process provided by HP to flash the BIOS with the older version.

Resetting BIOS settings and reverting to a previous BIOS version are both actions that can help resolve certain issues with your computer's hardware or system configuration. 

I hope this helps.

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi @Alden4

Thank you I have reset the bios settings and tried to make a clean windows installation now it freezes before it can finish the installation, I think the only option that I have is to use the old bios firmware to rollback using a flash drive, I need a link where I can find the F.50 firmware for my laptop I have searched I couldn't find it 

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi @Alden4

I think I have been resetting window using recovery console what I needed was to use a bootable windows flash drive I had delete all partition and recreate them again as you said some of the drivers didn't corespond with the new bios firmware I guess I am sorted now

Thank your very much for your patience and help.

HP Recommended

It seems like you're encountering issues with your HP 15-bs151ni laptop after upgrading the BIOS from version F.50 to F.74. Let's troubleshoot this problem step by step to resolve the freezing issue.

1. Safe Mode Troubleshooting: Since the laptop works fine in Safe Mode but freezes in normal mode, it indicates that the problem might be related to a driver or software conflict. In Safe Mode, try disabling startup programs and unnecessary services to isolate the issue.

2. Driver Updates: Ensure that all device drivers, especially graphics, chipset, and network drivers, are up to date. Sometimes outdated or incompatible drivers can cause system instability.

3. BIOS Rollback Attempt: If rolling back the BIOS to the previous version is not successful and results in an error, it suggests that the BIOS downgrade might not be possible due to firmware restrictions. Check the BIOS settings to see if there are any options related to BIOS recovery or rollback. Alternatively, you can contact HP support for assistance with BIOS recovery procedures.

4. Hardware Inspection: Perform a thorough inspection of the hardware components, including RAM modules and hard drive connections. Reseat the RAM modules and ensure that all connections are secure. Faulty hardware components can sometimes cause system freezing issues.

5. System Restore: Consider performing a System Restore to revert the system back to a previous state before the BIOS update. This can help undo any changes made to system settings or configurations that may be causing the freezing problem.

6. Contact HP Support: If the issue persists despite troubleshooting attempts, it's advisable to contact HP support for further assistance. They can provide specialized guidance and potentially offer solutions tailored to your specific laptop model.

Incorporating AI-powered tools like OpenAI Chat GPT can enhance your troubleshooting process by providing additional insights and suggestions based on your specific issue. Leveraging ChatGPT's capabilities can assist in exploring alternative solutions or uncovering potential underlying causes of the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.