Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk10000 Laptop PC (8VD47AV)

When  I clicked  on update  bios it simply said  there's no enough free space delete  some files  and try again  I deleted  like 300gb and  still  cant update 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I fownd the solusion its simple  you just need to increase your  EFI partition mimory space 

just follow the steps in this video then you can update the bios without a usb or any thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDa4hfGX5xE

btw thank you @Tk_srq

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Xxraxxanxx,

Please see the post below. The author had the same error and ran a bios update file again but chose the Create Recovery USB Flash Drive instead of the Update option. He then restarted and went into F2 PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI and clicked Firmware Management and from there updated bios successfully.   

Solved: Bios Update: Not enough free disk space - HP Support Community - 6922943

There's the HP link in his post. Click it and choose the method "Update the BIOS manually from a USB Flash drive (Outside of Windows)" for step-by-step instructions. 

Apparently, if you choose the Update option, it uses the bios update utility files in the EFI partition on the hard drive. The EFI partition stores the boot system files (Windows boot manager) and is very small in size, usually 100-260 MB. Also, the EFI is a hidden partition. This means you cannot access unless you assign a drive letter to it in command prompt. So, in your case it's best to perform the bios update from a recovery USB drive because it contains the bios update utility as well as update bios files and a plenty of free space.  Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

@ Tk_srq

link not working and it seems like I have the wost version of bios  there is no opsion for updating  I think its better to go with  EFI solution

HP Recommended

@Xxraxxanxx,

Click this link, scroll down to the method "Updating the BIOS manually from a USB flash drive (outside of Windows)."

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) (Windows) | HP® Customer Su...

HP Recommended

I fownd the solusion its simple  you just need to increase your  EFI partition mimory space 

just follow the steps in this video then you can update the bios without a usb or any thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDa4hfGX5xE

btw thank you @Tk_srq

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.