Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

there was an update named (cumulative update) asking for a restart to so i pressed the restart button and a white screen with with title something like bios update apeared with a loading bar. soon loading completed and my laptop restarted but when it restarted there was no display but o could hear the fan running on full speed. i pressed the power button for few seconds to shutdown, once the laptop went off i pressed the power button normally and the laptop started and i could also see the display. i was happy that my laptop is working fine but it happend again when i was watching youtube and i left my laptop for a few minutes and it went in sleep mode, then i pressed the power button to wake it up but it didnt. there was no display and the fan stared running. again i did the same thing (long press the power button then start normally) and it started working but yesterday again there was an update named cumulative update asking for a restart and when it restarted once again the same situation (no display and fan running) and again i did the same thing to make it work. right my laptop is working but every time it goes to sleep mode it or i give a restart for update, it goes the same and i dont know why. it all started with that camulative update i first described, before that i used to give it cumulative updates and it was all working there was no problem with sleep mode too. 

The Laptop is HP Elitebook 840 G5 core i5 8th gen

Operating System: Windows 11

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.