Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

(Forgive the grammatical errors but I'm using google translate to write)
Hi, I wanted to know if the bios drivers for the OMEN HP 15-dh0028nl model are also good for Windows 11 since it is not possible to choose other operating systems in addition to the various Windows 10 versions.
If it can be useful or maybe someone has some suggestions I should reinstall the BIOS via USB which unfortunately after removing the hard disk with the operating system gives me the caps lock blinking light and the screen is completely black.
Thanks in advance to anyone who will respond.

Edit : Searching around I saw that the flashing 3 times of the caps lock meant something, and it concerned some problem with the RAM, removed the bank of RAM that was creating problems, the PC started 3/4 times and the last time it started normally, as soon as I entered windows the cmd opened and started to do something, and I let it do it.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

So, it's working now -- and it was a RAM issue?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for answering, for now yes, after installing windows 11 (before, during the installation it continuously gave me the error 0x800701B1 or if I managed to install it blue screens appeared) in dual boot with ubuntu.

I put the RAM bank back and for the moment no error appeared.

Before removing the RAM I removed and reallocated the ssd and hard disk in case they were the ones creating problems during the installation, and when I tried to turn on the PC without the hard disk where the operating system was installed the problem for which I created the post occurred.

Probably some component was not attached correctly.

The only problem I encounter now is the flickering and the appearance of intermittent light horizontal lines on the laptop display, I don't think it is due to a driver or software problem as it also happened during the installation of the operating systems and before.

I know it could be the display, but I'm asking your opinion if it's a specific component or if there's a way to fix it yourself so I can save 128€ on a new display.

HP Recommended

It could be either the display or the video chip, so you need to connect an external display.

If the artifacts appear there as well, it is the video chip; if they do not, it is the display.

Replacing a display in any modern laptop can be VERY expensive, often costing more than simply replacing the laptop -- so be sure to get a firm estimate before you pay to have the work done.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Luckily, nothing appears on the second monitor, both the flickering and the lines appear a few minutes after turning it on.
Sometimes the flickering comes and goes, other times it stays for a while and changing the refresh rate from 144,03Hz to 60,08Hz changes the timing of when they occur.
At 60Hz the flickering is significantly reduced or both problems disappear for some time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.