Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-ad012nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

I have a question about some problems with my 1.5 years old HP Envy 13-ad012nd. From the moment I bought this laptop from the HP site, there are some problems with it. My laptop screen is often blinking to a black screen, and almost every week the sound of my laptop stops working, and then I have to reinstall my sound drivers or something like that. But it is kind of annoying that I have to it that often. There is also a BUILDPART D drive and a RECOVERY E drive on my laptop, which is also a bit strange. Besides that the laptop often shuts down often, for no reason, even when it is charging. Is there somebody who can help me with this problem, or you guys think I will need to let it get fixed by HP (I still have 1 month of warranty)?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Floris56 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

You should be able to delete the build part partition as that seems to have been created when the OS reinstallation is interrupted or when the device has errors on the partition, I suggest you go through the below steps to remove it, once done, you should be able to re-allocate the "unallocated space" into a new drive and use it for storage: Click here for details.

(As for the blinking screen, I suggest you connect an external monitor to your laptop and check if that screen blinks as well, if that blinks as well - update the BIOS, Chipset and graphics card drivers, however, if that doesn't blink and yet laptop continues to do the same - this could be a hardware issue with the laptop's LCD)

1. In Windows, search for and open Create and format hard disk partitions.

2. Right-click the volume or partition you want to delete, and then select Delete Volume... from the menu.

Figure: Deleting a volume

Selecting a drive and deleting the partition or volume

The Disk Management caution message displays.

3. If you have backed up the data you want to keep, click Yes to continue.

Figure : Disk management caution message

Disk management caution message

The drive letter no longer displays and the partition is labeled as Unallocated space.

Figure : Unallocated space

Unallocated space after deleting the volume
  4. Right-click the drive where you want to add the unallocated space. Click Extend Volume... in the menu.

Figure : Extending the volume

Extending the volume

The Extend Volume Wizard displays

5. Click Next.

The Select Disks window displays.

6. Do not change any settings. Click Next.

Figure : Select the disk

Selecting the disks
  7. Click Finish.

Figure : Complete the extend volume

Completing the extend volume wizard

The disk space is now reallocated and can be used.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.