Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0006au

112122-19812-01.dmp 21 Nov 2022 17.46.53 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a fffff804`00000011 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff804`3787fb2c ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4283c0 NT Kernel & System Microsoft® Windows® Operating System Microsoft Corporation 10.0.22621.819 (WinBuild.160101.0800) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+4283c0 C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112122-19812-01.dmp 8 15 22621 2.043.020 21 Nov 2022 17.48.43

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+27fb2c fffff804`37600000 fffff804`38647000 0x01047000 0x3cbf9709 19 Apr 2002 11.03.21 Microsoft® Windows® Operating System NT Kernel & System 10.0.22621.819 (WinBuild.160101.0800) Microsoft Corporation C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

After long time i use my laptop, blue screen appears IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL the affected file is ntoskrnl.exe

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Timothydemas,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

We understand your concern as you are receiving a Blue Screen of Death. We analyzed the dump file and found the faulty module is ntkrnlmp.exe

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x000000D1. This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory while the process IRQL was too high.

Let us try few steps and check if you still face the bluescreen.

Step 1: Remove and reinstall the driver.

We would recommend you to create a restore point before you proceed with the steps, refer the article to Create a system restore point.

Press Windows + X key and select Device Manager from the context menu.

Spot and expand the Display adapters.

Right-click on the driver and select “Uninstall”

Check the box beside “Delete the driver software for this device”

Then download and install the latest version of the driver from this website. Select your OS.

Step 2: Add registry key

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.

Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.

When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

Right click on the right side panel and click on New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.

Set the name of this newly created DWORD as TdrDelay.

Double click on the newly created DWORD and set its value as 10

Step 3: Disable hardware acceleration

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

Refer the article to Create a system restore point.

Press Windows + R key to open Run command.

Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.

When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft /Avalon.Graphics

Find DisableHWAcceleration on the right pane.

If missing then right-click on the blank area on the right pane and click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it DisableHWAcceleration.

Double click on DisableHWAcceleration and set its value to to disable hardware acceleration on your Windows 10.

Click OK, close registry editor and restart the PC to check.

Step 4: Reset TCP IP

On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then select Run as administrator.

At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note: If you don't want to specify a directory path for the log file, run the following command instead:

netsh int ip reset 

Restart the computer.

Additionally, refer the steps as mention in this article: Troubleshoot blue screen errors refer (While using my device)

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Timothydemas,

Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Timothydemas

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.