cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Blue Screen of Death (windows 10)

HP Recommended
HP 15 da0086nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm in the Navy, actively deployed. My laptop has been running fine - I mainly use it to produce music with Ableton 10+ Suite. This keeps my sanity on the boat. Recently I turned it on to what I'm learning is the "Blue Screen of Death." It's the automatic recovery system with my StopCode error,

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

or

WimFsf.sys

I tried my own hand at this by playing in the BIOS (it says it doesn't have the proper load files, and I don't have my HP boot cd with me). So that's out. I tried a system recovery with F11, but it pops up with Boot Configuration Data missing or contains errors.

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Recovery\BCD

Error code: 0xc000014c

Now, all signs are pointing naturally to me booting with the installation disc, but I don't have that now. My route I haven't been able to explore is the Advanced BIOS or SafeMode. It doesn't seem to want to load into safe mode, and I can't seem to get this Hard Reset to work (or at least bring up the menu with Continue Normally or to bypass auto-restart. Any of it).

My laptop has a fixed battery, and the process supposedly is to interrupt the startup at HP symbol 3 times holding power for 8-10 seconds. I do this but never receive a menu for Troubleshooting or Hard Resets. I really want to get this thing working. With the corona virus outbreak we're stuck here in port in isolation, and this surely would ease a sailor's mind to be able to make some music.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
25,324 25,257 2,320 5,480
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@OldFallenJedi 

Sorry to tell you this, but this error is more often than not caused by bad RAM -- and that is especially bad news for you because you probably have no way to replace that, in your situation.

Here is a thread with some things you can try to address that:  https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-fix-page-fault-error-windows-10,36234.html

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation