Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 da0086nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm in the Navy, actively deployed. My laptop has been running fine - I mainly use it to produce music with Ableton 10+ Suite. This keeps my sanity on the boat. Recently I turned it on to what I'm learning is the "Blue Screen of Death." It's the automatic recovery system with my StopCode error,

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

or

WimFsf.sys

I tried my own hand at this by playing in the BIOS (it says it doesn't have the proper load files, and I don't have my HP boot cd with me). So that's out. I tried a system recovery with F11, but it pops up with Boot Configuration Data missing or contains errors.

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Recovery\BCD

Error code: 0xc000014c

Now, all signs are pointing naturally to me booting with the installation disc, but I don't have that now. My route I haven't been able to explore is the Advanced BIOS or SafeMode. It doesn't seem to want to load into safe mode, and I can't seem to get this Hard Reset to work (or at least bring up the menu with Continue Normally or to bypass auto-restart. Any of it).

My laptop has a fixed battery, and the process supposedly is to interrupt the startup at HP symbol 3 times holding power for 8-10 seconds. I do this but never receive a menu for Troubleshooting or Hard Resets. I really want to get this thing working. With the corona virus outbreak we're stuck here in port in isolation, and this surely would ease a sailor's mind to be able to make some music.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@OldFallenJedi 

Sorry to tell you this, but this error is more often than not caused by bad RAM -- and that is especially bad news for you because you probably have no way to replace that, in your situation.

Here is a thread with some things you can try to address that:  https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-fix-page-fault-error-windows-10,36234.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.