Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

F47F0143-FA6C-4EC3-8437-830624964AF6.png

Hello, my pc is HP Notebook, when I switch on my laptop it does show a blue background page where it does say advanced options  and under that there is start up recovery, command prompt, disinstall updates, recovery system, recovery image system .

Can you please help me understand what happened to my laptop and what to do without having to lose o risk to lose any important files I have in it?

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Atip 

Have no idea what happened to your laptop and know of no way to determine that.

It appears now to be showing a BIOS options page -- in Italian (I think) -- when you start it. If you exist the options page, and exit the options entirely, when you reboot, it should not show this page.  If it does, that probably means that you need to press F2 repeatedly on the next reboot to bring up the Diagnostics page and run those.

As to your files, the steps mentioned should not have any effect on your files -- but common sense dictates that if you can not afford to lose information, you should routinely do backups of it -- something it sounds like you have not done.

So, if it continues NOT to boot into Windows, let us know and we'll provide information on how to create a boot USB stick you can then use to copy off the files you need to save.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello, first of all thanks so much for your reply.

I would like to start saying that I really don’t know much of computing and especially on Hp and windows.

from your reply I understood that instead of choosing any of the following options shown, instead I should try to exit that page and try to reboot and restart that page to see if it comes again?

can you please tell me which button should I press to exit that page and so finally entered and start using again my laptop?

thanks

HP Recommended

@Atip 

Go up to the top left of the screen and click the left arrow.  Keep doing that until you get to the main screen and it should have an option to exit.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.