Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

This is the same issue I have been having. It started last year, then got better but now has gotten worse. 

I find if i go in and disable the Intel HD Graphics 630 driver that the BSOD goes away. Before it would crash every few minutes.

The problem with this solution is the computer fan runs continuously and the mouse is laggy and other speed issues.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

This does nothing for this issue, it appears to be a display driver issue.

HP Recommended

Disabling the default display driver shouldn't be the necessary step anyway.

It is such a bad thing to buy a so expensive laptop which is defective and there is also no support on this issue.

I have not been able to find a solution for more than a year. Only solution is to keep the screen from turning off. If it is not disabled, then it wont go into BSOD for me.

HP Recommended

@JJ1803, @Josh47

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using? (Windows version)
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well thank you for your interest.

System Model: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise

Problem: When the screen of the laptop turns off, in any way (sleep mode, laptop fold, battery saver etc.), the result is the same. Laptop goes into BSOD and cannot recover unless restart. I have solved it only by not folding the laptop when turned on and I never turn off screen. I am using a dark wallpaper to save energy but again laptop should be prevented from turning off screen.

Changes: No changes to the hardware. Bought windows 10 version is installed.

Troubleshooting: Yes I tried the tool from HP. Did not work. Also tried the "disable hard disk sleep". Does not work. Also formatted and used a different windows version. Did not work.

HP Recommended

@Josh47,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Press ‘Win + I’ shortcut keys to open Windows Settings app.

Click on ‘Update & Security’, then go to the ‘Troubleshoot’ section from the left-side menu.

Scroll downwards a bit and click on the ‘Power’ option.

Click on ‘Run the Troubleshooter’. It will start detecting the problems and if it founds, go ahead fixing it.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the below steps.

On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + R’ and type ‘Powercfg.cpl’ in it.

Hit the ‘Enter’ key to open power options in the control panel.

From the left-hand side, click on ‘Choose what the power buttons do’.

Then, click on the link ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable’.

From the bottom given power button options, uncheck the ‘Turn on fast startup’ option.

Click on ‘Save changes’ button.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried what you suggested. Did not work since after putting the laptop to sleep using the power button, it made it go black screen indefinitely. I could not reuse it without turning off and restarting.

HP Recommended

@Josh47,

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Important fact: It was like this from the start..

HP Recommended

@Josh47,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.