Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp laptop touch 15ay009dx

My laptop rebooted and now I can not get back into windows. Tried uninstalling updates it fails. I tried backing up failed error code ffffffo15.  Can anyone help me with this. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dana777 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you are trying to restore the files using the HP recovery manager but you are getting error FFFFFF15 on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Did you use the recovery manager to back up the files?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

It looks like the data backup was not successful due to which you are unable to restore the files.

Try a few steps recommended below.

a Click Start, type cmd in the Start Search box, right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
b. At the command prompt, type Chkdsk /f, and then press ENTER. 
c. Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk next time that the system restarts. 
d. Close all applications, and then restart the computer. Note During the restart process, Windows checks the disk for errors and then starts.
e. After the computer has restarted, try to restore from the recovery manager.

Also, try running system diagnostics on your PC and check if the hardware on your laptop is functioning correctly.

Refer to this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.