Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook model 14-am052nia
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Good day, i tried uninstall the blue tooth drive from Device Manager but it auto comes up after i scan for new hardware. I also have change the system system "Never Install driver software from Windows Update", yet the issue persist. The Original device name is Realtek blue tooth 4.0 which i have the driver but each time i try to install, i get this error.  "there are unauthorised bluetooth adapter in your system, please remove or disable the devices and click ok.Generic Bluetooth.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime.

if a clean installation of W10 or 8.1 doesn't resolve the issue, then most likely the wifi card has some kind of hardware issue with the bluetooth portion of the card.

But personally, I think it is a bad windows registry corruption issue that can only be resolved by a clean install of Windows.

Now, if you plan to clean install W8.1 again, use the W8.1 drivers and software from the HP 250 G4 business notebook, which has the same hardware as yours, but has W8.1 drivers.  Don't use the BIOS or firmware files. 

https://www.support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-250-g4-notebook-pc/7609933

Under the chipset and graphics driver section, where you see duplicate names of the same driver type, you want the drivers labeled as BRASWELL.

But use the latest BT driver I posted.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below are the links to the drivers you need...

PCI E/D Controller:

This package provides the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface (TXE) Driver for the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface enables the Secure Boot and provides services required for platform security features such as Intel Platform Trust Technology (Intel PPT).

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71264.exe

If your notebook comes with the Realtek RTL8723BE wifi adapter, then you need this W8.1 BT driver...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73250.exe

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your time and concise response, however; the bluetooth still give same error. Is there anyway i can completely delete the old divers the system is seeing for the Generic Bluetooth Adapter?

pix2.png

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can try right clicking on the device in the device manager, select uninstall, check the uninstall driver box, restart the PC, and then see if installing the driver I posted works.

Actually, there is a newer one for W8.1 that you may want to use after you uninstall the device...

This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

1.0.0.63 Rev.A      Apr 13, 2017

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79501-80000/sp79675.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your time. The problem persist. The major challenge is, whenever i uninstall the driver for the Generic Bluetooth, without scaning for new hardware, it comes back on its own. This is so fuastrating. Have been on same spot for more than 3days. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that didn't work for you.

Now you are sure you have the Realtek wireless card, and not the Broadcom card, correct?

You have to install the corresponding model bluetooth driver for the model wifi card your notebook has.

If so, the only other suggestion I can offer would be to try reinstalling W8.1 now that you know what is the latest Realtek bluetooth driver, and see if that works.

HP does not support your model for any other OS but W10, but I don't know why the W8.1 drivers aren't working for the bluetooth.

Now, before you reinstall W8.1, download and install this reliable free disk imaging software, and make a backup image of your hard drive.  You will need a portable hard drive big enough to store the image and the software will ask you to create a bootable rescue DVD or USB flash drive to access the image.

https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

That way, if reinstalling W8.1 still doesn't fix the problem, you can easily restore the image, and be right back where you left off without having to reinstall any programs and files, Windows Updates, etc.

I create updated images all the time when I want to experiment with something.

Then I can just restore the image in minutes (depending on how large the image is).

HP Recommended

Hello PAul,

Thanks for giving me attention. When i noticed the bluetooth wasnt working even with the ICON availability. I upgraded to win10 hoping it would solve the bluetooth challenge but to no avail.

To Answer the question regarding the maker of the Card, please look at this picture. I might be making a mistake hence i have to show you what i have. i dont mind if you can connect to same system via Teamviewer if you dont mind.

pix 3.png

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, your screenshot shows that you have the Realtek wifi card.

So, the latest W8.1 bleutooth driver I posted is good for that model wifi card.

It is possible that there is a hardware problem with the wifi card, since you installed W10 and it did the same thing.

But if you did an inplace upgrade from 8.1 to W10, it may carry over the same issue.

If you did not do a clean install of W10 or 8.1, you may want to give that a try.

HP Recommended

Hello,

This make sense. I will try a fresh installation now. I actually started with WIN8, when i noticed my Wireless wasn't working, i upgraded to WIN8.1 then to Win10.

I will update you with my finding after a fresh installation. 

I so much appreciate your time.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

if a clean installation of W10 or 8.1 doesn't resolve the issue, then most likely the wifi card has some kind of hardware issue with the bluetooth portion of the card.

But personally, I think it is a bad windows registry corruption issue that can only be resolved by a clean install of Windows.

Now, if you plan to clean install W8.1 again, use the W8.1 drivers and software from the HP 250 G4 business notebook, which has the same hardware as yours, but has W8.1 drivers.  Don't use the BIOS or firmware files. 

https://www.support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-250-g4-notebook-pc/7609933

Under the chipset and graphics driver section, where you see duplicate names of the same driver type, you want the drivers labeled as BRASWELL.

But use the latest BT driver I posted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.