Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-r052nr G9D77UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Attempting to recover from hard disk failure.  Move hard disk from old HP laptop to newer HP laptop.  Able to get everyting working except still getting two errors:

1) Bluetooth driver not installed (code 28)

2) USB Controller not installed (code28)

Bleutooth/Wireless

The wireless adapter started working after the RaLink RT3290 802.11 bgn WiFi Adatper driver installed.  But the Bluetooth function which I believe is part of the same package did not install/enable. I note that the Realtek Wireless driver download from the HP support page for this notebook did not allow the WiFi adpater to start.  I had to use the RaLink Driver located by Windows Update.

USB Controller

Initially I had no USB support at all.  After several updates and reboots I was able to get USB ports working - Logitech mouse and Thumbdrive use verified.  However, I still have USB Controller not installed (code28) with exclamation point in device manager.  The hardware ID is PCI\VEN\8086&DEV_9C31&SUBSYS_2211103C&REV_04 .  I have tried the WUSB 3.0 driver from the HP support page for this notebook, but this did not work.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

When trying to run setup I got the message - this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installation.

HP Recommended

OK went, back to BIOS and change USB 3.0 support from AUTO to ENABLED, install went through, all USB working.

Thanks.

Now, if I could only get the Bluetooth working, I'd have the system completely restored.

Hardware ID is 

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3298&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00

Note that the hardware id associated with the driver that makes wireless work for the Ralink RT3290 802.11 bgn WiFi adpater is:

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290&SUBSYS_18EC103C&REV_00

HP Recommended

I fixed the bluetooth problem by searching the forum for that hardware ID.  Led me to a post with link to SP71572.exe which after loading enabled bluetooth.

I appears that all my exclamation marks in Device Manager have been resovled.  Though I do have two bluetooth entries under unknown:

Bluetooth Audio Bus Device

Ralink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter

Everything is working so I am content to leave as is.  I also have two Bluetooth entries under Network Adapters.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.