cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Boot Device Not Found Hard Disk (3F0)

HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-bs113dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Laptop HP Laptop 15-bs113dx and when booting the following error message displays. "Boot Device Not Found Hard Disk (3F0)". When attempting to run diags Hard Disk check - quick 0 No Hard drive installed. I have re-seated the HDD and verified the connection is good. I have also tried to the F11 Recovery Menu and it also states No Hard Drive installed. Is it possible to make a recovery USB/DVD from another laptop for this device? I'm at a lost at this point. Thanks in advance....

5 REPLIES 5
Level 17
Level 17
47,850 42,097 4,628 12,301
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, you can create a recovery USB flash drive. 

Follow the instructions on the HP document at the hyperlink in the line below this one.

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c06162205

That does sound like a dead hard disk. You might consider replacing the legacy hard disk with a SATA3 2.5" SSD. 

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I use a external HDD or does it have to be a usb stick?

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool requires the use of a USB flash drive.

See the following HP  Cloud Recovery document that verifies that.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information on the usb thumb drive. I successfully download and created the usb drive. I took the usb drive and booted the failed laptop and got the following message upon boot. [startnet] error: get failure from dynamic recovery tool. What am I missing at this point?

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In that case, I recommend that you use the Microsoft Media Creation tool to install Windows 10.  It is a known solutioon for the issue you are experiencing.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can use the same USB flash drive that you have to create the bootable media.

Insure that you choose the language, version and architecture  that was already installed.

You can install the required drivers and software from your notebook's software & drivers web document.

I will edit this and provide a link to the document here. Done!

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-bs100-laptop-pc/16851388/model/20353501

I am not an HP Employee.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation