Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp stream 14-ax020wm

Ok so ive been having issues updateing windows 10 so i figured id go and restore it but i didnt have the storage to do that either so i condensed everything that i could off of the computer and still didnt manage to get enough room im not to up to date with the whole bios or what not but i ended up in those settings deleted alot of stuff not knowing what trying to restore and well i guess i deleted data of some type and now i have no bootable device-insert boot disk and press any key page but before you tube and trying to fix it myself i had the screen saying please install an operating system on your hard disk hard disk 3f0 page but i have tested the hard drive and it says that everything passed on it so it was something that i definitely done myself id just like some help understanding how to fix it because i have pretty well tried about everything that i can find

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dillan113 Welcome to HP Community!

follow the below steps to resolve this concern: 

(Do not skip the steps you've already done, the below sequence has known to resolve issues, so please follow all the steps)

Step 1: Perform a hard reset (does not affect your personal files)

HP Notebook PCs - Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset 

Step 2: Restore BIOS default settings 

Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 

Step 4: Reseat the hard drive (here's a video that shows how to re-seat the drive: Click here (Generic) 

Step 5: Perform an HP System Recovery 

  

If none of the above actions resolved the error condition, back up your personal data and then perform an HP System Recovery on the notebook. See one of the following documents for instructions: 

Click here for instructions. 

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Never mind. Wrong thread. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.