Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-dk1000 Laptop PC (8VZ02AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I purchased this new computer just 2 months ago and have had problems with it since day 1.  I'm not new to computers, and I'm not new to HP, but this PC has got the be the slowest computer I've ever used.  I can't narrow it down to a single app that may be causing the problem because it is TURTLE slow regardless of what app I'm using.  Even booting up is something I have to wait a long time for.  Like turn on the computer, go fix a cup of coffee while it's booting up and then come back to login.  I wish there were a test I could run on it to tell me where the problem is and then I could be more help in diagnosing the issue.  But as I say I've never had a computer run this slowly.

Where do I start?  I would love to have a conversation online with someone who could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Allan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

if you found this solution helpful then please accept my solution.

thankyou

Aryan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can try to clean temporary files from your pc by following these steps :

Step1>>>   Press (win+R) and then type %temp% and click enter.

Now select all files visible and delete them.

Step2>>>   Press (win+R) and then type temp and click enter.

now select all visible files and folders and delete them.

Hope this would solve your issue.

Regards,

Aryan

HP Recommended

I tried these steps and it seems to have helped.  It's running much faster today.

Thanks,

Allan

HP Recommended

if you found this solution helpful then please accept my solution.

thankyou

Aryan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.