Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-15-af114AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brightness key ( F2 and F3) key stopped working suddenly

I am using the HP 15-af114AU Notebook (AMD A8 Processor) . Operating on Windows 10 -64 bit

Its been just 2 weeks I bought. The brightness key i,e, f2 and f3 were working then after some days i noticed it wasn't working ,
I tried doing it manually through the brightness option on the settings ,still it wasn't changing.
From the time i have bought this notebook i have downloaded only  SKYPE, Chrome and few THEMES for google Chrome.
All the other funtion keys are working except these .
Please help me with this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the AMD HD Graphics installer on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74716.exe

When done, open your Downloads folder, right click the AMD Graphics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

When this has completed, shutdown the notebook.

Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f9 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f5, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Start the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the AMD HD Graphics installer on the following link and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74716.exe

When done, open your Downloads folder, right click the AMD Graphics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

When this has completed, shutdown the notebook.

Unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery and plug in the AC Adapter.

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to launch the Start-up Menu and then select f10 to enter the bios menu.  Press f9 to load the defaults ( this is sometimes f5, but the menu at the bottom will show the correct key ), use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.  Press f10 to save the setting and again use the arrow keys to select 'Yes' and hit enter.

Start the notebook and let Windows fully load for a few minutes before checking.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

THank You .

Why am I downloading the AMD HD Graphics while i am already having Radeon R5 graphics already preinstalled.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome.

As the f2/f3 key function is provided by the graphics software, reinstalling the amd package should hopefully correct the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Hello

I did as you said...Installed the graphics installer nd completed the procedure but IT DIDN,T WORK .
Now the brightness option doesnt even get opened in the settings.
Please help me with this issue.
Also now the startup has become slow.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The only other suggestion I have would be to use Recovery Manager to reinstall the original AMD Graphics Driver that your notebook shipped with - the procedure for using recovery manager to reinstall specific Software and Drivers is detailed in the document on the link below.

Recovery Manager - Windows 10.

After the reinstallation has completed, restart the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hey

i tried the first method again and it worked this time 
Actually the problem above was it was taking much time to get it installed i firstly thought it got installed so i shut down the pc.
The 3rd time i tried i did'nt shut down , waited for some more minutes and it did work.
i didn't shut down still it is workinng.

People this really works . Just have a little bit of patience cz it takes some time to install.

Than you very much David PK for your kind support .

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're more than welcome and good to hear it's Ok :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hae am greatful for your answer it has really solved a a great step,thump up

i already had the drivers in the Hp 15 amd a6 and it just required to test the program and recovered  f2,f3 perfomance thanks from kenya

MASTER IN KENYA
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.