Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-1010wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Here's the situation; i recently put in a new solid state drive onto my PC and installed windows 10 twice onto the laptop. I have high CPU usage on minute apps such as chrome or a browser game. Can i install windows 8.1 via usb or is it not possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Nikefan72

Thanks for the info ...

You're in luck!  Not only does HP have win8.1 drivers, they even have Recovery Media for Win8.1 as well.

Here's the link to the drivers page:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-f000-Notebook-PC-series/7137590/model/7280689

If that page does not show Win8.1 when you open it, click Change and select Win8.1 from the pulldown.

The link to the recovery media is at the bottom of the page -- Order Recovery Media.

Good Luck
========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Nikefan72

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I read your post about wanting to downgrade your PC to Win8.1 and wanted to help -- but need more information.

Without your detailed product number, I can not confirm whether or not HP has Win8.1 drivers for your PC, so please follow the directions in this link to find the detailed product number of your PC: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

If that is not possible, then look for a sticker on the PC that includes the product number and post that here.  If the battery is removable, the sticker is likely to be in the battery compartment.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

HP Recommended

J8A22UA#ABA

HP Recommended

J8A22UA#ABA

HP Recommended

Nikefan72

Thanks for the info ...

You're in luck!  Not only does HP have win8.1 drivers, they even have Recovery Media for Win8.1 as well.

Here's the link to the drivers page:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-f000-Notebook-PC-series/7137590/model/7280689

If that page does not show Win8.1 when you open it, click Change and select Win8.1 from the pulldown.

The link to the recovery media is at the bottom of the page -- Order Recovery Media.

Good Luck
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.