Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-x115dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to make a bios recovery flash drive for a model 17-x115dx laptop.  I downloaded the file, SP92953.EXE onto another computer, and followed the directions for creating the drive.  I get past the screen where I accept the liscensing agreement, and then it says extracting files, but nothing happens after that.  It never gets to any screen that asks about creating a USB recovery flash drive.  I tried 4 different computers, and it is the same on each.  If I could get the bios on the flash drive, i could fix the laptop.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

go to the folder where it extracted and run the .exe in there. Should be C;\SwSetup\SP92953

Or if you see a folder of rescue files in there you could try copying that to your flash drive.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I understand that this is what I am supposed to do, and this is what i am doing.  The problem is that it doesnt work.  It gets to the same spot after I accept the licensing agreement, and then just goes away.  It is not extracting.  And i tried it on 4 different computers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.