Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8570P
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I start HP SoftPaq Download Manager 4.4.0.0 and in the Product Catalog, I identify my laptop and opsys. I then click "Check for Updates" and wait whilst it does it's checking. This results in 2 lists - Available Softpaqs and No Action Needed. In the latter, we see listed as "Up To Date" Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows" 15.2.0.19. In the "Available Sostpaqs" list is an entry, already ticked and showing "Newer Version Available", entitled "Intel My WiFi and Wireless Drivers" 15.9 D 4. I click "Install" and it goes off and does that. It then displays the "Install Summary" with the single entry having a statud of a red cross and Install Error. I can't find where to get more detail of this error. 

I did find an installed Intel Manual Diagnostics Tool which runs a series of tests. In my case, it passed the hardware test ("Wireless Hardware is enabled") and the Driver Test ("Driver is loaded. Netwsw00 Version : 15.2.0.19") but FAILED at the Radio Test ("Hardware Radio is OFF") despite the botton being on (Orange).

Is this causing the driver install to fail? How do I turn radio ON?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

ok, it looks like a problem with the nut on the keyboard. I unplugged the Ethernet cable and suddenly the wireless symbol appeared on the bottom right of the screen. I left click it and select a network and all is well. The Wireless button is a little confusing in that if it IS LIT, ie orange, the message is "not connected - no connections available" whereas if it is NOT LIT, "not connected - connections are available". Now, the diagnostics program passes all tests. Apologies for wasting people's time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Drivers are here...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8570p-notebook-pc/5212912

and specifically...

Intel My WiFi and Wireless Drivers

15.9206.2 MBNov 5, 2013Download

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

CF4, thanks for the response. As per my problem statement, the driver you mention is available to me and consitently fails to install  but I have no idea why. A possibly related issue is that the Intel test says that the Wireless Radio is OFF but other than press the button with the wireless symbol, I know of no other switch.

HP Recommended

Hi

My system has a Button Driver.  Is yours a 'HotKey'.

So is the Adapter actually showing in Device Manager.

getmac

netsh interface ip show interface
netsh lan show interfaces
netsh wlan show drivers
netsh wlan show interfaces

ipconfig -all
systeminfo
msinfo32

netsh wlan show profiles
netsh wlan show profile name=your profile key=clear

If you can run some of the above and post back any clues.

HP Recommended

ok, it looks like a problem with the nut on the keyboard. I unplugged the Ethernet cable and suddenly the wireless symbol appeared on the bottom right of the screen. I left click it and select a network and all is well. The Wireless button is a little confusing in that if it IS LIT, ie orange, the message is "not connected - no connections available" whereas if it is NOT LIT, "not connected - connections are available". Now, the diagnostics program passes all tests. Apologies for wasting people's time.

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.