Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

There is a new BIOS update (F.43). After upgrading the BIOS, the CU installation is blocked with a different message this time. Resetting the BIOS causes SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error anyways. The fix will probably come in the next few months, I guess.

Sketch.png

HP Recommended

I see this post (above) and in a try to find a solution I thought maybe...maybe it is someone to try upgrade the windows to Creator update using an older BIOS version (F.13 Rev.A or F.17 Rev.A). I don't know, maybe it is combatible...???

There is this possibility?

edit

I can't downgrade the BIOS version, must have BIOS administrator rights (?)...Needs a specialized process

[maybe must delete this duble (in other thread) post but i can't]

HP Recommended

@thanfun

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

If you're looking to restore the BIOS to the original BIOS that came with the laptop then this please follow the steps from this link to restore the BIOS.

Hope this helps. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I just installed F.43 BIOS update and I turned TPM back on in BIOS. I was hoping this would fix the TPM problem with the Creators Update (CU), but that was not to be. Upon reboot Windows CU refused to start. There were no error messages. The system just rebooted and failed to start Windows CU again. It is in a loop. I went back into BIOS and disabled TPM and hid it once again and WIndows CU boots fine now. I just cannot understand how this was missed as this BIOS update was supposed to "Provide enhanced security for EFI code". The TPM is a part of  the security apparatus on this notebook but unfortunately it is currently incompatible with Windows CU.

Even with TPM disabled and Windwos CU starting properly there is still an issue with the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver as there is not one single driver that is compatible with Windows CU. I have tried many including the lastest from Realtek (2017/4/21) and all of them fail to install and they crash Windows CU horribly while installing.

Edit: I have been running Windows CU 1703 for well over a month on my notebook. I cannot update from Windows AU 1607 as many others have also reported. The only way that I have Windows CU 1703 is from a clean install. I had to disable and hide TPM in BIOS before doing the clean install. I do still have a Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver issue as described above. Once I learn how to deal with and live with those two issues Windows CU has performed very well on my notebook. It shouldn't be this hard.

HP Recommended

Maybe you can try to disable the windows driver signature verification and then try again to install drivers for LAN.

http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-drivers/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-on-windows-1...

Or try to find/install/update LAN drivers from Microsoft (via system device manager).

Or you can try LAN drivers from one other laptop (non HP, non with APU AMD Carrizo A10-8700P, with same LAN adapter) that run normaly Windows CU.

Is that the ID of your LAN adapter? From system device manager: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_80B5103C&REV_07

if yes you can try drivers for other laptops from this page https://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/realtek-pcie-fe-family-controller/download/216237754/F7E211D05...

HP Recommended

tracit99

Thanks for info. Please can you tell me after installation do you have working LAN? Do you find working drivers? Enable again the TPM from BIOS? Thanks

HP Recommended

You can see for the new BIOS update ..., maybe fix the problem, maybe HP make updates for all laptops...

Type:

BIOS

Version:

F.45 Rev.A

Operating systems:

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Release date:

May 17, 2017

HP Recommended

:LaughingTears:  after new BIOS update (F.45 Rev.A, 17 May 2017) from HP, SUCCESSFUL update (not clean install) to Microsoft windows Creators Update (without any change to BIOS settings) !!!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been out of touch for the past 24 hours. I will look into all you suggestions and I will grab the new F.45 BIOS update and see how things play out with that.  Thank you for all of your suggestions. I will be back.

HP Recommended

@thanfun wrote:

Maybe you can try to disable the windows driver signature verification and then try again to install drivers for LAN.

http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-drivers/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-on-windows-1...

Or try to find/install/update LAN drivers from Microsoft (via system device manager).

Or you can try LAN drivers from one other laptop (non HP, non with APU AMD Carrizo A10-8700P, with same LAN adapter) that run normaly Windows CU.

Is that the ID of your LAN adapter? From system device manager: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_80B5103C&REV_07

if yes you can try drivers for other laptops from this page https://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/realtek-pcie-fe-family-controller/download/216237754/F7E211D05...

No the ID of my LAN adapter is slightly different.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_80B0103C&REV_07

I will probably wait until this weekend to try any more LAN adapter drives. When they fail to install they crash Windows. Often times I cannot even boot into Windows ever again. I have to restore an Macrium Reflect image and go from there.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.