Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey!

I can't install the latest  BIOS update for my laptop.

Product SKU: 461U3EA#ABH

Currently running BIOS version: AMI F.15 8/18/2021

It says there is a BIOS update available for my device, for a month now. It however will not show up in HP support assistant, or when running the executable manually, it says it is not compatible for this device. Running Win11 build 21H2. 

Please fix.

Have a nice day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Nigel2392 

I recommend that you contact the HP executive team directly at the link below and report the problem you are facing with the BIOS update not working.

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

You should be assigned a case number and then someone from HP should contact you regarding your inquiry.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Nigel2392 

Did your PC come with Win11 preloaded or did you update it?

We have no way of fixing this as we have no access to the BIOS folks.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Upgraded my win10 to 11. 

I get it man, support is done mostly by community, but is there really no way for this to be elevated? Like, I didn't pay for firmware/software issues. This seems like something people in the firmware/bios team should be aware of, no?

They advertise a product as windows 11 ready, but apparently, it isn't. It got sold with Win10 after all.

Anyways, sorry if I sound rude to you, you're just doing your best to help everyone.

Thanks. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, @Nigel2392 

I recommend that you contact the HP executive team directly at the link below and report the problem you are facing with the BIOS update not working.

Executive Team: CEO email | HP® Official Site

You should be assigned a case number and then someone from HP should contact you regarding your inquiry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.