Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook 14s-dr 1008tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to reset my pc to 8ts original state but when I used recovery media created by hp cloud recovery it said you will not be able to recover this system with these media error 0122 -0 - 1i have tried several times and have also double checked the product id please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I got to know that it's not working as it doesn't work sometimes with ssd just like that and I have reinstalled all drivers and apps but can't reinstall some apps like jumpstart and some more everything else is fine by the way thaks for co operating with me

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello @Aryan29 

HP Recovery media does not support all PC models. If the motherboard has been replaced or tempered with, the recovery will also fail.

If HP Cloud Recovery does not work for your model for whatever reason, please perform fresh clean "vanilla" installation of Windows following the steps in the enclosed PDF file (below).

Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply but just for you can know I have not got my laptop's motherboard replaced or changed anything except the O's reinstall. The OS reinstalled but the recovery media still wouldn't work

HP Recommended

You are most welcome 🙂

The motherboard mentioning above was just a speculation, it's just the most common reasons. Recovery can fail due to hardware issue, software incompatibility (software issues) etc... Please, try the Microsoft way as suggested. I hope it works for you

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have tried reinstalling the Operating System 2 times and also tried making and then using recovery media but still the same error

HP Recommended

Did you actually perform the method (all steps) I posted above, in the PDF file ?

I just posted it few minutes ago, it takes a lot of time (way more) to create it and then use it ?

If you did, could you take a picture of the error you see, use your camera or smartphone? Post it back in your next reply

HP Recommended

I had tried all the steps before as a precaution before starting the forum and i do not know how to send picture can you tell me how to do so ?

HP Recommended

@Aryan29 wrote:

I had tried all the steps before as a precaution before starting the forum and i do not know how to send picture can you tell me how to do so ?

Hi,

You can take a picture using your phone/smartphone/camera, upload it on your PC and then try to reply here.

During the reply, use the browse link as shown here :pic.PNGe link below the field of writing to attach the picture

HP Recommended

1608535209791988400031056072996.jpg

HP Recommended

image.jpeg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.