Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I’m having a problem upgrading my Spectre I cant' install the new windows 10 October update 1809. 

The system will install the update but when it restarts and begins to configure the update it hangs on the hp logo with the spinning dots. 

I have tried installing the update using Microsoft’s media creation tool, the windows update program and I’ve also tried doing a clean install but it always gets stuck in the same place. 

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Last failed install attempt on ‎12/‎25/‎2018 - 0xc1900101

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PapaDragon

You might want to stop beating on this, at least for now.  If it were going to work, it would do so.

I have one each:  a system that easily updated to 1809 and another that will not do so.

See the comments from other "cannot update" members and the explanation from Expert  

HP Spectre 15-ch055na won’t upgrade to 1809

As you will know after reading the comments, people do not like to be told, "No".

Nothing we have discovered thus far has changed the outcome.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.