Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre 13 V-100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, yesterday I asked for help but it was flagged for security measures even though I asked what other people already asked .. the question was 'i couldn't access my bios even tho I never set  bios password'...  so I figured it out after spending too much time on YouTube and Reddit reading and watching what others with same problem posted ... The one that did it was I removed the battery for 2 hours then when I turned it on it gave me the option to hit the 'Esc' button and that took me to bios but that ultimately changed the language to Chinese no changed it back to English then checked the password and just in case set up the password as I feared when I restarted it asked me for the password I typed the password I just set up and it took me straight to windows but the problem was every time I restart it kept asking me for bios password so I started reading how to disable it and on some forum I read the easiest way was to go to bios and change the password but instead of inserting a new password just hit enter button and it will not ask for the password again I followed the rules and when I restart it's still asking for password i didn't put any password so I just hit enter like the setup it's telling me wrong password I typed the previous password same answer I tried the previous method removed the battery for hours no chance every where I read it says to hit enter 3 times and it will give me a key but in my case it's saying to insert usb SpareKey which I don't have so is there anyone who can help me access the bios some places I read to remove the CMOS battery but I couldn't find it any help?

IMG_20190725_161652.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EmileHampton

2nd and final notice

Thank you for using HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.