Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0035tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since a failed windows 11 upgrade and a lot of troubleshooting. and formating the ssd and hdd, now win10 clean install from a bootable media made with media creation tool wont progress at all because it cannot install the intel rsd driver. failed driver installfailed driver install

i have downloaded 3 drivers from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/omen-by-hp-15-dc0000-laptop-pc-series/20329817

- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver(Windows 10 v1709)

- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver(Windows 10 v1809)

- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (Windows 10 v1903) 

and i have downloaded 4 others from other discussions and intels own site. Yet none of them works!.

this is a very expensive laptop DC000xx series hp omen 15 when bought only for a failed windows update to break everything, and now cant even re install windows because of this driver error.

Can someone help me get windows installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The problem has been solved, it was the usb was too old and was causing the errors, tried with a different one and the error went away.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@John77772,

A zipped IRST driver file is attached at the bottom of this reply. Try to see if it works for you. 

If you can't find any working IRST drivers, you can use HP Cloud Recovery Tool to create a bootable recovery usb drive that installs Windows, all necessary drivers and HP software. You need a 32 GB usb drive. The recovery tool can be downloaded from the MS Store. See this link below for how to use the tool.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Support

If you need to use another PC to run the tool to create a recovery usb drive, you'll be prompted to provide the full product number of the notebook, which you can find on the bottom cover of the notebook.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this didn't work, the same error appeared again.

i also tried formatting cleaning and creating partitions for the drives, though it did not help

im planning to get a new usb to create a bootable media, maybe my old usb is the problem so i heard. but until then i any other suggestions would be appreciated

HP Recommended

The problem has been solved, it was the usb was too old and was causing the errors, tried with a different one and the error went away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.