Claybakerlor
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cannot factory reset my pc because it says cannot find the recovery environment

HP Recommended
HP laptop 15-dw1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Trying to factory reset my pc . I go to settings recovery get started. After get started I choose to remove everything After that I get a window that says  Could not find the recovery environment . And that’s it . Can someone please help.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,149 119,326 19,487 29,781
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I see that HP has the cloud recovery tool info link on your PC model series' support page.

If you have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer, and a 32 GB USB flash drive, you can make a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation