Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ah000sa (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I've decided to install factory version on my HP Envy today. So I looked up about how to do it and tried to find my media in the app called HP Cloud Recovery Tool. When I was prompted to write down my product ID - I've entered it and it said, that my ID is invalid and I need to contact the HP Support. Here is some info about my laptop:

Model: 15-ah000sa

Product ID - N0M01EA#ABU

Hope to hear back soon.

Kind regards, 

Danila

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Danila:

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it originally came with Windows 8.1 from HP.

HP ENVY Notebook 15-ah000sa Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

That means your notebook was made before HP released the cloud recovery tool for most notebooks made in 2016 or later.

That is why the cloud recovery tool website indicates that your notebook is not supported.

HP no longer sells recovery media for your notebook.

This 3rd party website may have the W8.1 factory image that came with your notebook when it was new.

Buy HP Recovery Media? | Best2serve

You can always clean install W10 for free by making a bootable USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Boot from the installation media and when you get past the Install Now screen, you will be asked to select what version of W10 you want to install.

Select W10 Home.

Then you will be asked to enter a product key.

Select the 'I don't have a product key' option and W10 will install and activate after you are connected to the internet.

Then you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ah000sa (ENERGY STAR) Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

I can also give you a free way to reinstall Windows 8.1 if you want.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.