Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 1030 x360 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am on hold with Microsoft for getting the May 2020 Windows update (2004), due to a conflict with the Conexant ISST driver.

According to MS's compatibility notes, this is due to an issue to the following:

The affected driver will be named Conexant ISST Audio or Conexant HDAudio Driver under Sound, video and game controllers in Device Manager and have file name uci64a96.dll through uci64a231.dll and a file version lower than 7.231.3.0.

To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on Windows 10 devices with affected Conexant or Synaptics audio drivers installed from being offered Windows 10, version 2004 or Windows Server, version 2004 until the driver has been updated.
My currently installed file is uci64a231.dll version 7.231.2.0 and is dated 12/19/2019. 

Apparently there is no publicly available way to download this file, it has to come from the OEM (In this case, HP)... 

Can someone from HP Support (who I assume monitors these forums) please see if there is an updated Conexant ISST Audio package available that meets the requirements... in this case, looking for the same file package to be version 7.231.3.0 or later... 

This should remove the compatibility hold on my system...

Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

AS you have discovered, the incompatibility that the Conexant ISST Audio driver has with Windows 10 version 2004  has been a known issue for some time. Microsoft is still investigating the issue.  It isn't just owners of HP devices that are facing this problem. Some Dell and Lenovo device owners are experiencing the same frustration.

The Microsoft Update catalog does have some drivers  for Windows 10 specifically for the Conexant HD Audio that you can try

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Conexant+HD+Audio

I suggest keeping an eye on  Settings --> Windows Update--> Optional hardware updates 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Yes, I did look at the catalog you suggested. Couldn't find a driver later than .02 (need .03). 

Also, my Windows Update does not show 'optional hardware' option... sadly...

HP Recommended

Give this Softpaq from HP a shot. It is for your HP Elitebook 1030 x360 G2

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80320.exe

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for sending this, however, I keep getting 404 Not Found... I even went and searched for this service pack independently, and although it was listed, I once again received a 404...

Ugh!

HP Recommended

It appears that HP yanked this softpaq from their FTP servers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.