Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp stream 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone

Just a problem I have with my hp stream 14 laptop I am trying to install windows 10 with a usb stick and when it's says where would you like to install windows and I only have one drive which is drive 0 unallocated space so I click it but it Sayed cannot install windows in the location you chose and I have no other drives listed so I don't what to do at this point. And also I tried making new partition but it would not let me create it and I also tried cleaning the drive using disk part just kept on saying the message suggestions on how to fix this problem.

Anything will be great my laptop just need this install of Windows!

Many thanks 

Olivia9

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

What you have done should have worked, so my assumption is the drive is no good.

Most of those stream notebooks come with 32 GB eMMC drives, which cannot be replaced unless the entire motherboard is replaced.

I suggest you run the drive diagnostics test (F2) in the BIOS and see if the drive passes the test.

HP Recommended

Hi The thing is in my system diagnostics I cannot do hard drive test it just says Storage tests Memory test Language And exit

I really need to install this on my laptop I just need something that can fix it.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The Storage test is the hard drive test.

HP Recommended

Oh sorry I do it but it say quick test or extensive but it press it but it goes back to the main menu I dont know if it normal?

HP Recommended

Ummm do you have anything else that I can try?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately not.

I would have to say your PC is irreparable.

HP Recommended

Please there has to be a way! Everyone else get theres fix just fine why does it have to happen to me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.