Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 14-ax000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I cannot rest windows 7 at all. The error message says not enough memory to perform rest.

I have deleted all media etc, however the C: drive is almost full, have about 4 gig space left.

I cannot change my user permissions to delete files to free up space.

Been trying for a week now, have tried evey option the PC allows.

I'm stuck folks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you for the advice. 

Apologies for the late response.

I eventually managed to get this resolved, hoever I struggled as the notebook need extra space and I had to use an external drive.

What still bothers me is this, the OS takes up nearly 18gig of a 30gig HDD - Is this normal or am I missing something?

Thanks to you and all the others who replied, have a groovy weekend - Peace!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Well I was going to suggest...

WinKey + R  and type cmd.exe pause

then type

del C:\*.tmp /s

HP Recommended

Hi, @Confused_Dude 

It is not possible to run W7 on that PC (no W7 support for eMMC drives), so I am assuming that you are running W10.

See my solution to the issue at the discussion below, and the link I provided (which is really the solution) in that discussion...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/reset-HP-Stream-with-out-a-admin-password-and...

HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you for the advice. 

Apologies for the late response.

I eventually managed to get this resolved, hoever I struggled as the notebook need extra space and I had to use an external drive.

What still bothers me is this, the OS takes up nearly 18gig of a 30gig HDD - Is this normal or am I missing something?

Thanks to you and all the others who replied, have a groovy weekend - Peace!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, that is normal.

W10 64 bit requires a minimum of 16 GB of disk space to install and run, and Microsoft is now suggesting a 32 GB hard drive minimum to run W10 64 bit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications#primaryR2

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.