Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Cannot update Bios - HP Envy x360 - 3700u

HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I open HP Support Assistant, there are no drivers to be updated.

When I go to the Bios, I have a version F.19 and for my model the latest one is F.21. So I download the file, open it, it gets extracted but nothing happens. 

Running the downloaded file sp110406.exe only extracts a certain file called hpwingui.exe and nothing else. Tried opening sp110406.exe with Winrar and 7-zip and that is the only file inside. Running hpwingui.exe manually doesn't do anything.

I can upgrade it from the Hardware diagnostics UEFI, but I need the bios file. All I can download is the .exe file.

Where can I find the proper bios file?

Additionally, since we are talking about BIOS here, is there a possibility in the new one to reduce amount of the dedicated video memory? I have 8GB installed with my gpu getting 2GB and it leaves me 6GB in total which I don't find sufficient. For other laptopts with 8GB of ram, the video memory goes up to 512MB, but certainly not 2GB.

Link to BIOS File:

https://support.hp.com/at-de/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-13-ar0000-x360-convertible-pc/260...

2 REPLIES 2
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have noticed this bug in some HP BIOS updates lately. I do not know the reason but I have the BIOS bin file for Envy X360 13-ar0xxx:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aahNhkRgAkPT4taypOEXW2v3fRVe1h_I/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately the video memory is not customizable. One of the downsides of AMD integrated graphics.

0 Kudos
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. Will check it out. My exact model is HP Envy x360 13-ar0006ng.

I just got Lenovo with Ryzen and you can configure it normally in bios. From 512MB to 4GB.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation