Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I try to replace the audio driver through device manager, and browse to the contents of the uncompressed CAB file, windows says that the best driver for the device is already installed.

Windows updates is still locked.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. Tried all the possible solutions mentioned so far, but to no result.

Solution to overwrite "best driver is already installed": update the driver manually, but choose the option "I want to choose from a list of drivers on my computer". Browse to find the .inf file from the extracted cabinet file and update.

Update 20H2 still fails after updating the driver.

HP Recommended

Hi ChrisG87,

in my case the update to release 20H2 was offered about 2 days after the successful update of the Conexant driver. Thus I keep the fingers crossed that you will experience the same after a few days.

The update itself worked fine on my notebook. Its is interesting to note that in the course of / after the update the Conexant ISST Audio driver was replaced by version 9.0.239.40, dated 09.11.2020 (thus earlier version number but later release date).

HP Recommended

I recommend removing all added-on devices doing the upgrade.

Years ago, I had a problem caused by a USB keyboard transceiver, and another caused by an add-in PCI wireless card.

Disconnect every peripheral before starting the upgrade and see if that helps.

Also, run a full system diagnostic. Sometimes, defective RAM can cause issues like this as well.

HP Recommended

I finally managed to install the update after downloading the windows 10 media creation tool, creating an ISO and installing Windows 10 20h2.

I immediately got this update thereafter: Conexant - MEDIA - 7/3/2018 12:00:00 AM - 8.65.262.0

HP Recommended

A few weeks ago, the 2004 update worked and windows updates is not flagging up issue.

It appears that the Conexant drivers were updated but I am still having some problems with the Bang&Olfsen control panel not displaying properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.