Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 255 G8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have created a recovery USB flash drive in case the OS doesn't start.

In order to use it I need to open UEFI to change the boot order so the system will boot first the USB flash drive.

I tried several times to open the UEFI pressing the Esc key while the notebook is swirtching on and the HP logo is showed on the screen but I didn't succeed. Have you any trick to solve the problem ?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't.

The notebook should stop the windows boot process when you immediately press/tap the ESC key right after you turn on or restart the notebook.

Then the menus should open.

So, something must be wrong if you cannot get to those options.

Someone else had a similar issue, but this person was able to get to the boot menu.

Solved: Re: Bootable USB isn't recognized - HP Support Community - 8225000

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What I do with HP business notebook and desktop PC's is to press the ESC key, and then you should get a menu of options (F2, F9, F10, F11).

There should be a F9 boot options menu.

You select that, and then select to boot from the EFI USB flash drive, and press the enter key.

The PC should boot from the EFI USB boot source.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

I tried several times to open the UEFI pressing the ESC key but nothing happens,the system open always Windows.

Have you any other suggestion ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't.

The notebook should stop the windows boot process when you immediately press/tap the ESC key right after you turn on or restart the notebook.

Then the menus should open.

So, something must be wrong if you cannot get to those options.

Someone else had a similar issue, but this person was able to get to the boot menu.

Solved: Re: Bootable USB isn't recognized - HP Support Community - 8225000

HP Recommended

Hi Paul

finally I succeeded to open the UEFI menu with the ESC key,then press F9 and  select "Boot from EFI file" and press ENTER.

It works !

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.