Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-ce008nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've recently bought 500gb M.2 SSD NVME disc. Since I had normal 1Tb HDD SATA, I wanted to transfer windows on SSD disc. And so I did. Now i have Windows on both HDD SATA and M.2 SSD NVME and I'd like my laptop to boot from SSD. I followed multiple tutorials and all i can see is that i don't have the options that exists on that tutorials.
When I try to do this via BIOS all i have on boot order is: "OS boot manager, DVD/CD, USB and ! Network(?)".
When I try to do this via System Configuration I can only see my HDD drive.

When I try to do this via advanced options I don't have the option to choose a default operating system.

At least following the last one I have the option to boot manually from SSD but I would like my laptop to boot automatically from SSD. Having to boot from HDD and then restarting manually to boot from SSD is frustrating. 

Thank you for your help,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

On notebooks that come from the factory with dual drive configurations, windows is not installed on the 2.5" drive.

I recommend you temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive, and see if the notebook automatically boots from the M.2 SSD.

If it does, reconnect the 2.5" drive and delete all partitions on the 2.5" drive and format it so that it is blank, and just use it for storage.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.