Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17-r006tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi having an issue with finding the exact driver and install order for chipset (or at least 2 acpi components).

Have managed to find the correct drivers for everything else except fingerprint reader which i'm not intending to install. 

Used this one as from 17-r006tx support..drivers..  SP72105.  Have also tried SP69575 from the 15-r006tx.

Seems that it doesn't complete .. just hangs a cmd window up with no commands (blank).

Device Ids : ACPI\INT33A3  &  ACPI\MSFT0101

Tried manual update going to the unpacked directory, but no joy.

The LAN and wireless are installed (correctly) but cant function without the MEI or last 2 chipset - at least that's my biggest problem... cant get on the Internet to auto update. 

Os Win 7 64 ult from disc. 

Had been working fine until recently (then i can not fathom why but the network devices turned up dead (!) in dm.)

Even a system restore did not bring 'em back to life.

Would greatfully accept solutions i haven't tried or got right yet     eg : is driver install order crucial ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks very much to you both banhien and Paul_Tikkanen. With out your help i never would have gone down the path which lead to a successful driver install. 

It turned out the original drivers did work... I needed to run the bios update.

Now I'm not sure why I would need to have done that again since the original install,  but it allowed the chipset drivers to fully install,  which allows the network drivers to operate.

So I guess the lesson learned is start from the top and work down the hierarchy,  don't just fix the ones that need repairing. Why they became non-operational I still haven't discovered either but all working again now.

Thanks again.. Mark

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74001-74500/sp74364.exe

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72106.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @MarkJoffery :

I have zipped up and attached the Microsoft hotfix file you need to install the ACPI\MSFT0101 (TPM 2.0) device below.

Download, unzip and run the file.

HP Recommended

Thanks very much to you both banhien and Paul_Tikkanen. With out your help i never would have gone down the path which lead to a successful driver install. 

It turned out the original drivers did work... I needed to run the bios update.

Now I'm not sure why I would need to have done that again since the original install,  but it allowed the chipset drivers to fully install,  which allows the network drivers to operate.

So I guess the lesson learned is start from the top and work down the hierarchy,  don't just fix the ones that need repairing. Why they became non-operational I still haven't discovered either but all working again now.

Thanks again.. Mark

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Mark.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.