Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, HP has many different drivers, i.e Chipset drivers, there are 58 drivers in Chipset page for 250 G6 laptop.

Sometimes it is hard to choose correct drivers, like which is the best driver for i.e i3 6006U model - 1XN32EA if I'm installing 1903 windows? or 2004 which doesn't have yet supported 2004 driver.

1XN32EA's CPU is formerly Skylake model, so I must get the driver which says:

1: Skylake

2. Windows 10 v1903  

3. latest version

ok, so the right drivers must be this one from the list:

- Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver Sky Lake/Kaby Lake/Braswell/Apollo Lake/Gemini Lake                     (Windows 10 v1903)

there is also other drivers which says 1903 but Broadwell:

- Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver - Broadwell (Windows 10 v1709/v1803/v1809/v1903)

but as my CPU is Skylake and not Broadwell I mustn't use this driver right? (as it must be only for Broadwell model)

ok, now lets says I'm installing 2004 version Windows, which would be correct way to install drivers correctly, should I take latest corresponding drivers? 

In my case latest driver is for 1903, so should I used this for my 2004 Windows?

1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Actually, you should be able to use the one from the 250 G7...

10.1.18243.8188   Jul 3, 2020

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104383.exe

I downloaded and extracted the exe file into its driver folder, and there are Skylake chipset drivers in this file.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I checked it and it also contains same components from 250 G6 chipset driver but not all,

will this new driver provide all necessary pieces of drivers need for old Laptop model? 

Also is there any real difference between different version of Windows drivers? Like Chipset driver for 1809 vs driver for 2004 they must contain same component drivers right?  so what part does the Windows version doing here? 

what problem can 1809 driver cause if installed in 2004 Windows? 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I can't answer any of your questions.

I would be installing the latest chipset driver from the G7.

If you don't feel comfortable with that, use the latest one from the support page.

Don't install it if you get any messages that state that newer drivers are already installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.