Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chromebook 14
Chrome OS

Trying to create recovery media for my chromebook. I get to the bit where it says insert a usb device, which I do 16GB stick, which is recognised in drive, the usb is not available in the recovery  utilities drop down menu.

The only options available in the menu are SanDisk Cruzer 3.6GB or Kingston DataTraveler 7.3GB.

Does this mean you can only use these two options? The recovery utility says it should be an 8GB USB.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tommyee

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Sign out of your Chromebook.
  2. Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
  3. Select Restart.
  4. In the box that appears, select Powerwash and then Continue.
  5. Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
    Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
  6. Once you've reset your Chromebook:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.