Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14-CF1000NE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

My hp 14-CF1000NE comes with Windows 10 x64 Home version pre installed. Since I already have a 1803 Pro version, I would like to upgrade to it. My concerns are, if I were to do that,

• will the warranty be still valid?
  • will the notebook be fast like it is now?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum, so we cannot address warranty issues here.

You would have to contact HP support in your country to get a definite answer.

We can give opinions based on what information we have learned from other forum members over the years...

You will most likely void the software warranty, but not the hardware warranty.

If you have issues with Windows, HP would ask you to install the original operating system that came with the PC.

The PC should run as it is now with W10 pro.

All you need to upgrade to W10 Pro is the product key.

You cannot clean install W10 Pro, because you will get W10 Home no matter what you do.

That is because W10 finds the W10 Home product key in the BIOS and will always use that key.

So, read this info from Microsoft on how to upgrade to W10 pro using the W10 Pro product key, and you will have the same build of W10 you have now, but it will be W10 Pro.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum, so we cannot address warranty issues here.

You would have to contact HP support in your country to get a definite answer.

We can give opinions based on what information we have learned from other forum members over the years...

You will most likely void the software warranty, but not the hardware warranty.

If you have issues with Windows, HP would ask you to install the original operating system that came with the PC.

The PC should run as it is now with W10 pro.

All you need to upgrade to W10 Pro is the product key.

You cannot clean install W10 Pro, because you will get W10 Home no matter what you do.

That is because W10 finds the W10 Home product key in the BIOS and will always use that key.

So, read this info from Microsoft on how to upgrade to W10 pro using the W10 Pro product key, and you will have the same build of W10 you have now, but it will be W10 Pro.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.