Level 2
11 4 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Cloud recovery program

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au062nr(ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I use the HP Cloud Recovery program it runs the through the whole process but it always give me a error saying to give HP support the ( Recovery log ) file that was made and because of this problem the recovery program never works I just have no idea what to do. 

Glenn
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
119,919 110,099 17,541 26,825
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that, but if the cloud recovery tool isn't working, you should be able to clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

When you get to the part that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.  Click Next and W10 should install.

After the installation has completed you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862160/model/11...

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation