Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 X360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

during the boot up the error message pop up as following

"The CMOS checksum is invalid.
The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted.
Please check your BIOS Setup options to see if they changed.
CMOS Reset (502)
ENTER - Reboot the system"

did had the new BIOS install and it still shows up, any other solutions, 

and also the battery shows plug in not charging 

thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jasonLu,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a CMOS checksum invalid error on startup.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, this means the BIOS is assumed to be corrupt and the system will install a hidden copy of the BIOS to correct the problem and the startup process continues.

To resolve this issue download and install the latest bios for your computer from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

If the notebook doesn't allow you to get into windows then follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://hp.care/2ymKR1s

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the computer was working fine, I had a battery alram message before this messge. 

it was happened on same day.  

no recall on updating any software or hardware change. 

Did download the latest BIOS system and installed, but no change. 

and did bring to SCHOOL IT, and they did mentioned it's the battery i bad, which inculded the CMOS battery as well. 

wondering do you have the part number for this battery? 

thank you 

HP Recommended

> .. did bring to SCHOOL IT, and they did mentioned it's the battery, which inculded the CMOS battery as well. 

All motherboards (desktop or laptop) have a CMOS battery.  They do lose their charge, and thus give the symptoms that you have reported.

> wondering do you have the part number for this battery? 

For a "desktop", it's probably a CR2032, costing about $1 US, that you can replace.

For a "laptop", it is best to let a professional computer technician disassemble the laptop, replace the battery, reassemble, and test. Again, $1 for the battery, but $60 to $100 for "labour".

It's definitely *NOT* the "main" battery for a laptop, given your symptoms.

HP Recommended

HI ,

I have the same issue  and i opened the laptop and was surprised that the motherboard has no CMOS battery.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.