cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
16 9 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Command propt

HP Recommended
15t-dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I go to Command Prompt (admin)  and type in sfc/scannow  it keeps saying can not start repair service. I also  tried to run DISM,exe and it keeps giving to a error massage

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,169 18,146 1,138 1,142
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bookstore1369

Seems like the OS is corrupted

I suggest you perform a Reset. Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
16 9 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I want to thank you for your time looking at my problem. I was trying to avoid doing a reset I just spent all weekend reprograming my laptop because I did a recovery. But it is looking like I'm going to have to do it again. I was hoping someone might have had a trick up there sleeve. Again I appreciate the help. This site is a good teacher with all of the expertise here.    Thanx  Larry 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,169 18,146 1,138 1,142
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you ☺️

Drop us a message anytime you need help

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
16 9 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did a reset and everything works fine. just had to take alot of time putting all the apps back on it.  Thanx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,489 446 703
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bookstore1369

Thank you for the update.

We are happy to hear that the provided solution worked for you.

In the future, if you have any other concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a  nice day!!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation