Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried over and over again to factory wipe my laptop it bluescreens and then freezes, its an HP laptop from around 2016(?) and I'm trying to wipe it to either sell it or trade it in for a better one, or simply to reset it for it to run faster (I don't have a hard drive to move everything),, could I have some help? can I just remove my Microsoft account and my emails? I'm not sure how to do that either. 

-Greyson

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if your notebook is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool which you can use to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

You will need a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media.

If not, you can clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

When you get to the part of the installation that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.

Click Next and W10 will install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.