Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-eb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am experiencing an issue where my computer randomly will go black and then power off. I have noticed this really only occurs when I am watching/streaming videos in full screen. This has happened when watching youtube or when steaming live cable. I opened a HP support ticket for this issue but my warranty expired before they resolved the issue and now I can't find a way to contact HP support. Has anyone else experienced this and did you find a resolution?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @dbaker41795 .
Please perform a quick hardware scan and if it does not show any error id perform the comprehensive test:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

I ran all the diagnostics as you instructed and everything returned as normal. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

@dbaker41795 .

Power draining is suitable for a hardware reboot or hard reset to take place, and this does not erase personal information.
Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the energy accumulated in the hardware components. This procedure of reducing the accumulated energy is also known as a hard reset.
o Turn off the computer.
o Disconnect the computer from any docking station or docking station.
o Disconnect all peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, or printers.
o Disconnect the AC adapter from the computer.
o Turn the equipment over and look for the battery compartment door to determine if your equipment's battery is removable or not.
o Now to consume all residual electrical charge of the capacitors that protect the memory, do the following since it is the basic of this:

 If you see an access door to the battery compartment, your computer has a removable battery. Remove the battery, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds, reinsert the battery into the compartment and proceed to the next step.
 If you do not see any access doors to the battery compartment, your computer does not have a removable battery. On most laptops with a non-removable battery, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to complete the restart and proceed to the next step. More information: https://support.hp.com/mx-es/document/c01811996
1. Reconnect the AC adapter to the computer, but do not connect any peripheral devices.
2. Turn on the computer.
If a Start menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press Enter.

3. Once the peripheral devices are connected, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all drivers.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.