Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ds1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-ds1xxx

Product Number: 8VP57AV

This all started when I tried to clone this current 256gb m.2 ssd to a new 1tb m.2 drive via macrium reflect. However the minute I pressed start clone the computer bsod and has been doing so ever since. The computer works fine over all but there are a number of things that I am unable to do at this time with this computer. Most to all of my issues will be listed below. My most pressing issue is that it doesn't save any work between crashes (which is understandable). I have migrated to working with only documents that are linked to a cloud. I no longer work with anything saved locally because I have such a high risk of losing it all. Everything that is important on this computer has been backed up and I am willing to go to extreme lengths (as long as it doesn't brick the system) to fix these issues. 

This computer BSOD when ever I:
Try to update windows and more drivers in general 
Enter Safemode 
Update video+processor drivers via Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020)
Try to configure my computer for a clean boot
Leave it Idle for more than 10 minutes
Put the computer to sleep with users still signed in
Switching between users when google chrome or other applications are left open
Clicking on device encryption in settings
Attempt to reset the computer via settings
Probably more that has happened but can't remember and not willing to test at this time. 

I have run ALL the diagnostics via hp support assistant and all test say the hardware + software are fine (even though it isn't).
I have also run all the diagnostics test via BIOs and that also cameback with saying all the software and hardware are fine. 
I did "uninstall" macrium reflect. When I mean uninstall I mean that I clicked uninstall and it crashed my computer and it is still accessible via other users. Yes I tried uninstalling on the other users too but same thing happened. When I open up Programs and Features Macrium Reflect is not listed but I am still able to access the application via recent on the windows tab. I have tried using other programs to clone my drive but the same thing happens. When I click clone it BSOD my computer. 

Listed below is the more recent crash dump. This crashed happened because I attempted to perform a Memtest but once I clicked restart my computer it BSOD.

On Sat 10/31/2020 11:29:37 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\windows\Minidump\103120-8312-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F45A0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF800683BD9BC, 0xFFFFFE0CA69F6D90, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

This is my current and only college laptop and needs to last for 5+ years. I cannot currently lose this computer for more than 2-3 days at a time. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jake_2

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting bluescreen errors on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the below steps to run the SFC scan on the computer and it will fix any Windows files which are corrupt or not working correctly.

Click the Start button and in the search bar, type cmd. Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator. Click Yes on the User Account Control (UAC) prompt that appears, and once the blinking cursor appears, type: SFC /scannow and press the Enter key.

If you continue facing the issue, then I recommend you perform a recovery on the computer following the steps in the below article and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Went through with the sfc scan. Computer came back saying it was fine but it stills crashes when trying to install some driver updates in general and still won't allow me to install window updates. If there are any other options we could try before going for a full system restore that would be great.

HP Recommended

@Jake_2

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine on the computer.

Refer to the below article for detailed steps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.