Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
MT45
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We've issued a number of MT44 for which we recently created a new image from scratch. That was a decent amount of work but it's served us well with the HPDM deployments we're doing. 

HP however has discontinued the MT44 devices, and is now selling the MT45 devices. And we just found out that we can't use the MT44 image to deploy to the MT45. 

Is there any way to get our MT44 image onto an MT45 so we can grab a new MT45 image from that device for future deployments? It would save us a lot of work regarding configuration and updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We ended up doing the whole image building from scratch again... Where we were hoping that it would be a quick deal to just use the existing image and all it's settings, this ended up being a lot more work than first anticipated. 

Would be a boon if the system-specific bits of the image could be squared off somehow, to enable replacing them for a different system. 

Then again, Windows 10 is pretty self-reliant for drivers and the like (meaning that splitting the OS and drivers off from the rest of the system settings isn't as big an issue) so just transplanting it to a very similar but somewhat different platform might not even get that much trouble for the system. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please note that an image contains only essential drivers for a specific model.  Using an image on a different model can cause problems.  To do so, you can check the option in the Deploy Image template to "allow cross-platform..."

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
HP Recommended

We ended up doing the whole image building from scratch again... Where we were hoping that it would be a quick deal to just use the existing image and all it's settings, this ended up being a lot more work than first anticipated. 

Would be a boon if the system-specific bits of the image could be squared off somehow, to enable replacing them for a different system. 

Then again, Windows 10 is pretty self-reliant for drivers and the like (meaning that splitting the OS and drivers off from the rest of the system settings isn't as big an issue) so just transplanting it to a very similar but somewhat different platform might not even get that much trouble for the system. 

HP Recommended

Yes, cross model is a little bit risky due to the driver cleanup.  Sorry for the inconvenience and congrats for accomplishing.  😊

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.