Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14s-dr2006TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this laptop and it came with Windows 10 Home. I have a bootable pendrive with Windows 10 Pro Operating System. I want to install that OS but when it comes to selecting the drive on which the OS has to be installed, no drive is shown and  it gives message "We Couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver"

IMG_20201227_141537.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SajidKazi 

No need to install that way. You only need Windows 10 Pro key  and use option to change key from Windows home, machine will run Windows 10 and activate automatically (given the key is legal).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hey thanks for giving quick solution but I don't have any Key it is a digital license. In case if want to install any other OS, where do i find the storage drivers ?

HP Recommended

Hi, @SajidKazi 

The only supported OS will be W10 64 bit.

You can try the storage controller drivers that I zipped up and attached below and see if they work to find the drive.

Unzip the file to its folder and copy the folder to a USB flash drive.

At the screen in your screenshot, select the load driver option and browse to the driver folder.

There are two storage controller driver setup information files.

I think you need the iaStorAC file because that one has the NVMe controller driver.

PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0108.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) NVMe Controller"

And Banhien is right...if you try to clean install W10 Pro, all you are going do do is reinstall W10 Home, because the W10 Home product key in the BIOS trumps all other keys.

You have to change the product key from the Home key to the Pro key in the settings menu.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.